Riverside County Amateur Radio Association Field Day 2020
Here is the picture slideshow from Field Day 2020
Updated Q&A from the ARRL about club totals – (PDF or Original Article)
Members operating from home, please remember to include “RIVERSIDE COUNTY AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATION” (NOT “RCARA” or “W6TJ”) on your submission. See the ARRL COVID-19 2020 Waver document for more information
We may have to be away from each other but that does not mean we have to be out of reach!
Stay Safe and keep making contacts!
We had a great Field Day for 2019! Thanks to all who participated!
- OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – PETE SELLAS – PARK PROCUREMENT
- SCOUT TROOP 116 – OPENING CEREMONIES
- ART AA6CA – PUBLICITY
- BOB KG6NIB – EQUIPMENT & OPERATOR
- JUAN KM6CFH – RADIO EQUIPMENT & OPERATOR, SET UP
- JOHN KM6YLK – RADIO EQUIPMENT, OPERATOR & SECURITY, SET UP, GOTA CAPTAIN
- DAVID KM6WVH – RADIO OPERATOR & SECURITY
- JIM AG6EA – VE COORDINATOR, TESTING SITE, EQUIPMENT LOAN, SET UP
- MADELEINE KM6QCF/AG – SAFETY OFFICER, GENERAL ASSISTANCE, SET UP, TEAR DOWN
- RICK AI6AU – TOWER, RADIO ANTENNAS, EQUIPMENT
- CHRIS KM6LOQ – SAFETY OFFICER, FIRST AID, SECURITY
- LARRY WA6PMY – LOGGING SOFTWARE & MAINTENANCE, TEAR DOWN, TRUCK LOAN
- RICK KK6CTT – EMCOMM, MESH NETWORK DEMO, COOK, PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT, DOOR PRIZE DONATIONS AND BEHIND THE SCENES SUPPORT
- ALAN KM6KPW/AG – WEB SITE & TECHNICAL LOGGING, RAFFLE PRIZE DONATIONS
- EMCOMM MEMBERS – STAFFING PAVILION #1 AND PROVIDING DEMOS, SUPPORT, ETC.
- JURUPA CITIZENS CORP – PARTICIPATION WITH EMCOMM GROUP
- NINA – POTLUCK COORDINATOR, GENERAL ASSISTANCE
- RON KE6RYX – PORTA POTTY PROCUREMENT, TEAR DOWN
- CARRIE N6LMA – MOST RAFFLE TICKET SALES, VE TESTING, EMCOMM SET UP
- MIKE AI6PD – VE TESTING, EMCOMM SET UP
- MIKE W6OSO – CLUB PRESIDENT, LOAN OF EQUIPMENT
- PHIL KJ6KE & MARGARET KC6UDH – DONATION OF RADIO FOR RAFFLE PRIZE, VE TESTER
- DANA KM6YLM – DONATION OF MUGS FOR RAFFLE PRIZE, GOTA STATION ASSISTANT
- FIRE STATION #5 – A WELCOME VISIT
- RPD – MAKING THEIR PRESENCE KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND; A TALK ABOUT PERSONAL SAFETY/NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR SERVICES:
- CLAIR – K6LG – CW OPERATOR, eESL CARD COORDINATOR & MAINTENANCE
- DAVID – K9LMR – EMCOMM, MESH NETWORK, EDGAR ANTENNA
- MATHEW THURMAN – PHOTOGRAPHER
- KATRINA SCHIRMER – GOPHER
- CHERYL THURMAN – GOPHER, MOTHER STABILIZER, SOCIAL DIRECTOR
- THOMAS JUNKER – TEAR DOWN & TRUCK LOAN
Thank you to all the folks who contributed to the potluck picnic. There was an abundance of food and goodies to more than please the most discerning tastes.
MUCH APPRECIATION TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED, CONTRIBUTED AND DEDICATED THEIR TIME, EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES TO MAKE FIELD DAY 2019 A HUGE SUCCESS. If I forgot anyone, please remind me and forgive me for the oversight. We had a great team of volunteers… your time and efforts have not gone unnoticed.
The July 11, 2019 RCARA meeting will consist of an “AFTER ACTION REVIEW” for the purpose of discussing Field Day 2019 … goals, what was accomplished, what was successful, what went wrong and what the club can do to make future Field Days better.
Please come prepared to critique the FD but be mindful that if you have a criticism, you are expected to follow it up with a solution.
This is a meeting to help iron out some of the “wrinkles” that were observed followed by a suggestion for change to those areas that are in need of “fixing”.
Plan ahead and bring your constructive thoughts and solutions.
If you wish to volunteer for specific duties or as needed, please sign up at the June 13 meeting OR contact Marlene at firstname.lastname@example.org
Boy Scouts from Troop 116 will facilitate the Opening Ceremonies at 10:45 a.m. on Saturday
- Setup crews (Friday beginning at 11:00 a.m.)
- Cleanup/pack-up crews (Sunday, 11:00 a.m.)
- Overnight security (4 hour shifts) for Friday and Saturday nights
- Radio equipment and operators
- Folding tables
- Potluck food donations or $5.00 for Saturday night dinner – contact Nina at email@example.com
- Cook(s) for BBQ
- Overnight campers
- Ticket sales for raffle by members (see Marlene KK6CTX for tickets)
- Donations of items for Door Prizes
- Raffle prizes will be for an Anytone AT-D878UV Digital DMR Dual band handheld radio
- An Alinco UHF-VHF Dual band Transceiver DJ-500
- $100 gift certificate from Home Depot; $50 gift certificate from Starbucks
- Field Day pins, t-shirts, stickers
- Gift certificate for an official RCARA embroidered polo shirt
- Coffee mug with RCARA logo
- Mini spy camera
Saturday, June 22, 2019 – 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Martha McLean Anza Narrows Park – Pavilion #2
5759 Jurupa Ave.
Riverside, CA 92504
All 3 testing levels are offered:
• FRN # obtained from the FCC web site
• Picture i.d.
• $5.00 administrative testing fee
General & Extra:
• Copy of current license
• Picture i.d.
• $5.00 administrative testing fee
Walk in Testing Flyer