September rolls around again and it’s time for the Riverside Emergency Preparedness Fair at the Galleria at Tyler. Marlene is chatting up the visitors while Bob (KG6NIB) and Juan (KM6CFH) are busy with demonstrations.
We had a great Field Day for 2019! Thanks to all who participated!
- OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – PETE SELLAS – PARK PROCUREMENT
- SCOUT TROOP 116 – OPENING CEREMONIES
- ART AA6CA – PUBLICITY
- BOB KG6NIB – EQUIPMENT & OPERATOR
- JUAN KM6CFH – RADIO EQUIPMENT & OPERATOR, SET UP
- JOHN KM6YLK – RADIO EQUIPMENT, OPERATOR & SECURITY, SET UP, GOTA CAPTAIN
- DAVID KM6WVH – RADIO OPERATOR & SECURITY
- JIM AG6EA – VE COORDINATOR, TESTING SITE, EQUIPMENT LOAN, SET UP
- MADELEINE KM6QCF/AG – SAFETY OFFICER, GENERAL ASSISTANCE, SET UP, TEAR DOWN
- RICK AI6AU – TOWER, RADIO ANTENNAS, EQUIPMENT
- CHRIS KM6LOQ – SAFETY OFFICER, FIRST AID, SECURITY
- LARRY WA6PMY – LOGGING SOFTWARE & MAINTENANCE, TEAR DOWN, TRUCK LOAN
- RICK KK6CTT – EMCOMM, MESH NETWORK DEMO, COOK, PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT, DOOR PRIZE DONATIONS AND BEHIND THE SCENES SUPPORT
- ALAN KM6KPW/AG – WEB SITE & TECHNICAL LOGGING, RAFFLE PRIZE DONATIONS
- EMCOMM MEMBERS – STAFFING PAVILION #1 AND PROVIDING DEMOS, SUPPORT, ETC.
- JURUPA CITIZENS CORP – PARTICIPATION WITH EMCOMM GROUP
- NINA – POTLUCK COORDINATOR, GENERAL ASSISTANCE
- RON KE6RYX – PORTA POTTY PROCUREMENT, TEAR DOWN
- CARRIE N6LMA – MOST RAFFLE TICKET SALES, VE TESTING, EMCOMM SET UP
- MIKE AI6PD – VE TESTING, EMCOMM SET UP
- MIKE W6OSO – CLUB PRESIDENT, LOAN OF EQUIPMENT
- PHIL KJ6KE & MARGARET KC6UDH – DONATION OF RADIO FOR RAFFLE PRIZE, VE TESTER
- DANA KM6YLM – DONATION OF MUGS FOR RAFFLE PRIZE, GOTA STATION ASSISTANT
- FIRE STATION #5 – A WELCOME VISIT
- RPD – MAKING THEIR PRESENCE KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND; A TALK ABOUT PERSONAL SAFETY/NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR SERVICES:
- CLAIR – K6LG – CW OPERATOR, eESL CARD COORDINATOR & MAINTENANCE
- DAVID – K9LMR – EMCOMM, MESH NETWORK, EDGAR ANTENNA
- MATHEW THURMAN – PHOTOGRAPHER
- KATRINA SCHIRMER – GOPHER
- CHERYL THURMAN – GOPHER, MOTHER STABILIZER, SOCIAL DIRECTOR
- THOMAS JUNKER – TEAR DOWN & TRUCK LOAN
Thank you to all the folks who contributed to the potluck picnic. There was an abundance of food and goodies to more than please the most discerning tastes.
MUCH APPRECIATION TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED, CONTRIBUTED AND DEDICATED THEIR TIME, EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES TO MAKE FIELD DAY 2019 A HUGE SUCCESS. If I forgot anyone, please remind me and forgive me for the oversight. We had a great team of volunteers… your time and efforts have not gone unnoticed.
The July 11, 2019 RCARA meeting will consist of an “AFTER ACTION REVIEW” for the purpose of discussing Field Day 2019 … goals, what was accomplished, what was successful, what went wrong and what the club can do to make future Field Days better.
Please come prepared to critique the FD but be mindful that if you have a criticism, you are expected to follow it up with a solution.
This is a meeting to help iron out some of the “wrinkles” that were observed followed by a suggestion for change to those areas that are in need of “fixing”.
Plan ahead and bring your constructive thoughts and solutions.
You are invited to the annual RCARA
14, 2018, 6:00 p.m.
Kountry Folks Restaurant
3653 La Sierra Ave.
No host dinner
Optional $20 gift exchange
Door Prizes for licensed hams
Three $100 HRO Gift Certificates
Baofang HT radio
RSVP to Marlene email@example.com or
Ron (951) 369-5149
- The local Boy Scout Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) will be held on Saturday, October 19th starting at 4:00 p.m. and ending on Sunday the 20th at 4:00 p.m. The event is being held at St. Thomas the Apostle Church on Magnolia and Jackson. JOTA is dedicated to Radio and Internet Communications with Scouts around the world. There is no charge to attend.
- Mike K6MJM is the coordinator needs our help. He would like to set up 10 stations for communications, 6 radio and 4 internet and needs HF and DMR operators with equipment for the event. Those who volunteer can camp for free, will be fed, and will get recognized for their help.
- Merit Badge counselors are also needed. An area will be setup for Scouts to connect with and begin working on their Merit Badges.
- If you have questions or wish to volunteer you can reach Michael at Michael@familymcbride.net or Marlene at firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlight photos from Field Day 2017:
Thanks to everyone who joined us for Field Day 2018! Here are some of the highlights from the event:
Update 11/2018 – The results from QST have been published
Videos from FaceBook:
A short video of some of our Field Day 2018 happenings … courtesy of Mathew and his photography skills. More to come when I get organized. Enjoy!
Posted by Riverside County Amateur Radio Association – RCARA Page on Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Please enjoy the slideshow of pictures from the event: